The Integrated Fluidised Spray Dryer combine spray drying and fluid
bed drying technologies. Operational flexibility enables production
of a wide range of physical properties and excellent thermal
efficiency because drying at lower temperature.
The spray is created by a spray nozzle atomizer down towards the
fluid bed where agglomeration incorporating finer, recycled material
takes place. Exhaust air outlet is let through the roof causing
further agglomeration in the spray zone. The recirculation system
uses cyclones or bag filters, or a combination of both to recycle
fines to the spray dryer chamber, the integrated fluid bed, or the
external fluid bed. The process produces non-dusty, free flowing
agglomerated powders with high flavor retention. Third stage fluid
bed drying / cooling can be done .
Sticky products can successfully be dried, and the concept is ideal
for drying heat sensitive products, and improved aroma retention is
This design concept is successful for drying high fats,
hygroscopic, and sticky products that are difficult to handle in
more conventional designs.
- Individually customized plant delivers the optimum solution
for specific process and production requirements.
- Complete process control together with uncompromising
technology and engineering ensures production of consistent
end-product in accordance with predefined customer
- Equipment options are available for all capacity requirements
from small-scale plant to full industrial production.
- Innovative drying system design together with
straightforward service and maintenance access ensures maximum
- Consistently high yield, energy-efficiency and low operating
costs mean rapid payback and low total cost of ownership.
- Components and equipment designed and engineered for
reliability and performance ensure long service life with modest
service and maintenance requirements.
- Innovative spray drying chamber for efficient drying and
long production time between CIP.
- Nozzle atomization for optimum spray of feed material
- Choice of air distribution options for complete control of
- Choice of integrated, second-stage fluid bed options for
drying or cooling
- Third-stage, external fluid bed options for final drying